Saturday 24 January 2009

Here Goes Nothing...

Am I late getting on the bandwagon? Probably, but better late than never! I have no idea how this is going to turn out, it will probably turn into a completely rambling thing that no one will ever want to read.

Anyhoo, here's my first post. I'm sitting here drinking wine and watching Your Country Needs You - Saturday night chez moi is a riot of entertainment. I spent the afternoon stitching at a new project, which I got from Cross Stitch Crazy magazine. It's supposed to look like this:




and at the moment, it actually looks like this:


So you can see I have a bit of work to do! But it's fun, and I love the bright colours. And who knows, maybe I will "stitch myself slim"! Don't know how I'll turn it into the suggested cushion, yet.


I have to blame the lovely ladies (and gentleman) at the I-Love-Cross-Stitch Yahoo Group. I lurk heavily on that board - maybe now I've actually entered the blogosphere, I'll even start to post more often - and their gorgeous work has really inspired me. Before I started reading the messages, I enjoyed my stitching, since I joined, I've become obsessed. I've even started buying magazines - originally because it was coming up to Christmas and I wanted to make some cards, and now because I love some of their patterns. I've bought a stock of 14 count aida (in two colours so far - white and navy!), and am starting to build my stash of DMC threads. I'm hooked!


So, I think that's enough for my first post. I just hope somebody reads it... It'd be nice to know I've done OK.















17 comments:

  1. Great start on the blogging Shirley. You really already have the hang of it. Your Stitching is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the blog, the piece you are stitching will look great when done.
    ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!!
    All, your Blogging, stitching and most importantly STASHING!!
    Jump right into posting on ILCS!! We have one rule with it and that is there is absolutely no right or wrong!!
    Looking forward to reading much more from you and hopefully can even get to know you and become good friends!!
    Love and Hugs!!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the blog and the stitching. You will be right at home at ILCS. Trust me. You should post more so we can see more of your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta get me this magazine as I want this design! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great - you don't give yourself enough credit. Love the pattern and you have a nice start on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog looks great and the stitching is wonderful. I too started stitching more once I joined a Yahoo group and started a blog. It is fun to have other stitchers to "talk" to all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done wonderful..... The piece you are working on is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great first post Shirley! Looking forward to reading more!
    Kelly ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great first post Shirley - if nothing else, I have found that my blog lets me track my progress. Sometimes you feel like you're stitching and stitching and don't think you're making progress. Then you take a picture, and put it in your blog...and look back to the last picture you took....and WOW! Progress!!! :-)

    Kathy in OC, CA (ILCS)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start on the blog and the stitching. You should post more often on the ILCS group. Everyone is very nice!
    Heidi-ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great first entry! We all like to see what everyone is doing....is that like nosey neighbors???LOL I blog more for me than for others. Think of it that way and you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on a great start... keep it up, lots of photos and news.
    cheers
    Jacinta
    (also a serial lurker at ILCS)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing a great job with your blog! I just started mine over last summer, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to blogging, Shirley! Looking forward to watching the progress of your WIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is wonderful!! You have done a great job! I too like to stitch bright and colorful pieces! I eagerly await updates as you go along! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete